What Can I Do to Improve My Account Security?
What to Do When Creating a Password
- Use complex passwords. The length must be more than 8 characters. Capitalization, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters should be also used. Example: 753M4smKr!O.
- Use special programs. For example:
- password generators to come up with complex combinations;
- password managers to store passwords in encrypted form.
- Create your own password algorithm. For example, use any sufficiently long phrase and change some characters. |aDaN6e7_f0reSeeN_1s_hA1f_aVo1d6d/! (A danger foreseen is half avoided).
- Update protection regularly. Change your password every three-six months. Keep track of the relevance of antivirus. Download operating system updates.
What not to Do When Creating a Password
- Do not use information that is easy to get. For example, name, date of birth, domain name.
- Do not use predictable combinations: qwerty, pass, 123qwe, asdfg, password, asdfjkl, 1234567, 123, etc.
- Do not share your password with third parties. If you write it down on paper, do not leave it in plain sight.
- The same password should not be used in different services. This helps the attacker to find the right combination
- The password generation algorithm should not be predictable, otherwise it can be used to access other accounts.
- Do not follow links from strangers or open strange attachments. They may not be safe.